We encountered a few early challenges during the demolition work in the church centre. Thankfully, the asbestos in the ceiling has been safely removed and two days ahead of schedule as well. Work to re-configure the lounge kitchen area into a new office and store room is progressing well. The foundation for the lift-shaft has been prepared. We can now look forward to the remaining demolition work being completed in January. We’re also making good progress with re-configuring the office access on the first floor to accommodate the lift shaft.
The rapid progress continues in the church building. Installation of the new light fittings is progressing and the font has now returned to the dais. Plastering and painting continues on a daily basis. The toilet area in the south-west corner is progressing well and work on the first floor music office has also commenced. The secondary glazing for the south windows is scheduled to be installed just before Christmas followed by the kitchenette/servery which is expected to be fitted-out in early January.
- For the timely and safe removal of the asbestos in the church centre.
- For the dedication and commitment of all of the sub-contractors working on the project.
- For God’s wonderful guiding hand on this project and His wonderful provision as we see the project taking shape.
- For a time of relaxation and refreshment for all of the contractor and subcontractor teams.
- For a time of healing for our architect and the contract manager from T&C Williams, both of whom currently have health issues.
- For the planning of the activities required for us to re-commission the church once it is handed back to us – there will be a lot to do.
- God’s wisdom on how we will best use our refurbished facilities to bring glory to God and to share the good news to those who do not believe.