It’s time for your next Building for the Future project update and as you know we’re not far off from starting work in the church centre. We are well advanced in clearing the centre and storing items in new locations ready for work to commence. The builders will be moving into the centre to begin alterations from Monday 15th which means the use of the centre midweek will look a little different, however Sundays will remain unaffected.
Meanwhile in the church building, construction work continues with the beginnings of an access ramp for wheelchairs being formed, drainage work to the new toilets is progressing, further pipes and valves are being fitted in the boiler room, pipework is beginning to be boxed in and the new entrance from the north side is being opened up.
Outside in the new courtyard area, you might have seen last Sunday that the foundation of the path is currently being laid and the north wall construction is progressing nicely. With the path being laid you can begin to imagine how open and welcoming the new courtyard space will be.
- God’s timing and provision for the project, so that the work can continue to safely move forward which will enable us to improve accessibility, aid our welcome and help us make better use of our buildings with increased flexibility.
- The main contractor’s and sub-contractors’ skilled workmen, working diligently on our behalf. Give thanks that various issues and challenges have been dealt with and overcome.
- The work will continue safely, especially with greater numbers of workmen on site with the work to the tower to commence in the coming weeks.
- That the impact of Covid-19; workmen off sick, sub-contractors delayed, materials unavailable etc, would not adversely affect the overall completion of the work.
- As the work in the Church Centre starts, for the disruption to people working in the offices and for those using the Church Centre, to be kept to a minimum.