It’s your next Building for the Future update and we are so thankful to God for his constant provision over the project and its steady progress. Make sure to keep being nosey when popping along for an in-person service; you won’t be able to see inside the church building but with part of the outer wall taken down you can catch a glimpse into how the new courtyard area is advancing.
The new gas pipe and water supply into the church has been laid and work has recently resumed to prepare the concrete plinths for the relocation of some of the memorials. Work to lower some of the headstones around the large fir tree opposite the north entrance to church has also started and is progressing well.
Church Building Updates
We’re thankful that there has been an increased level of progress overall in the church building, with the new stores and toilet block work now plastered and the installation of the steelwork under the north balcony to support the retractable glazed screen is well advanced. installed.
Additionally, the demolition of the nave floor has been completed and the conduit which will house cabling has also been installed. The focus now is to get everything ready to enable the new nave floor to be laid on 3rd Sept – the area is currently being levelled. Concrete repairs to one of the concrete beams in the east tower has been completed. Similar work is now required on the east tower window lintels to repair damage caused by historical water ingress.
The electrical sub-contractor is now onsite and has commenced work to install the electrical infrastructure.
As you can see, progress is encouraging and we are moving from the demolition phase into the re-construction stage! In our next update we are planning to take you on another ‘behind-the-scenes’ tour so keep coming back to the website or follow us on social media for future updates.
One way you can get involved in the building project is by praying, here are a few points to get you going:
- Praise God for the increased level of progress in the church building.
- Thanks be to God for the contractors, professional team and committees hard work, effort and time in moving the project forward.
- For Gods faithfulness.
- That we have a church hall where we can continue to meet in person while the building work continues.
- God’s timing and provision so the project is moving forward which will enable us to improve accessibility, extend our welcome and make good use of the increased flexibility.
- For additional financial provision, thereby reducing the funding gap.
- The project remaining on schedule to complete, including the church centre, by end Feb 2022.
- As the work progresses in the church building and the new courtyard that the contractors will be able to purchase the materials needed and that work will continue smoothly.
- For wisdom as we begin to think about how the church can be used to bring people to know the Lord Jesus and build up and care for God’s people.
- That the work will continue safely and that we will be able to recover some of the time delays we have encountered in the church building work.
- The BFTF committee, especially Fiona Lockwood as she oversees the work in the graveyard, and Marie Hancock as she leads project communications.
- Approval of our application for VAT recovery and that we can continue to close the remaining funding gap.
- Good progress on activities planned over the coming weeks including: church (laying of the new nave floor, completion of the works in the east tower, electrical ‘first fix’), graveyard (relocation of some of the memorials, commence work on the area by the north entrance, drainage work).