12 May 2021
The Building for the Future Project is well on its way! Final clearance of the church building is taking place with memorials being relocated to safe spaces, kneelers being rehomed, the pews on the balcony are being removed, all the dais slabs have been taken out and the building work is progressing to schedule.
Not only are we moving our buildings forward in supporting gospel ministry, witness and service to our community, this project is also allowing us to support other churches and their ministries. We’re thankful that a number of our resources which won’t be moving back into the church building after the completion of the project, have moved on to support other churches.
Next steps: The contractors will shortly be moving on to the next stage of creating the open courtyard space, with first steps consisting of relocating a number of gravestones.
We will also be receiving the first batch of new chairs for the church building, 150 new chairs, expect your visits to church going forward to be very comfortable.
Keep checking the Building for the Future Project section on the website for further updates and in the meantime please be praying for the following:
- For Gods constant provision.
- For the project allowing us to support other churches in their ministries.
- That the building work continues to schedule and that no complications or surprises arise.
- For Paul Dodd as he liaises and works with the contractors on a day-to-day basis, dealing with lots of important details.
- For the outcomes of a number of grant applications that have been submitted, pray that they will bear fruit, helping to close the funding gap.