It’s an exciting time with the Building for the Future Project as work continues steadily in the Church Building and the Courtyard. You may have managed a sneaky peek of the courtyard when attending church and we’re sure you’ll agree that exciting changes are happening.
The new courtyard area is starting to form and it’s amazing to see a glimpse into how open and welcoming the area will be once the work has finished. You certainly won’t be able to miss the opening to the church.
The arborist and groundworks team recently met to discuss the approach of the next phase of work and this has been agreed to ensure the progression of the courtyard, expect to see more changes over the next few weeks.
The team will also be moving some of the stone memorials from the Canterbury Avenue end of the graveyard to new locations and work will commence around the large fir tree at the west end to carefully reposition some of the headstones.
Church Building Updates
The work on the East tower inside the church building is making good progress with the areas damaged by water over the years, being stripped out and repaired.
The new storage areas at the east and west ends of the south aisle continue to be built with the first floor wooden beams now in place and the flooring being laid within the east store.
We’re excited to see that the central nave floor excavation is nearing completion and the final technical designs of the building project are currently being decided on by the contractor and our professional team and it won’t be long before these are finalised.
- Praise God for reduction in the funding gap, through the success of grant applications plus further giving from the church family.
- That the contractors, our professional team and committee are working well together to progress plans.
- Thanks be to God for his constant provision and goodness.
- As the work progresses in the church building and the new courtyard that the contractors will be able to purchase the materials needed and that work will continue smoothly.
- For the continuing health, safety and welfare of all involved in the project.
- For wisdom and guidance as the committee make further decisions about the building project.
Keep checking back for future updates!